Apr 10, 2008

E-Mailing Your Favorite Businesses

This last week I started E-mailing my favorite places to shop asking them for lists of eco-friendly products that they sell or asking them to offer eco-friendly products. Sometimes I feel like I talk more about change than actually attempting to change things, so now I'm trying to make an effort to change that. Anyways, here are some of my 'tips' for contacting businesses:

1. Be nice! Sometimes being 'passionate' about your beliefs can be a bit abrasive. Word your requests in a friendly manner.

2. Explain how offering earth friendly products can help their business.

3. Drop a few names of competitors who are carrying green products.

4. Ask a question to secure a response from the company.

5. Thank them for their time!

I've gotten personalized responses from most of the places that I've e-mailed, and hope that they are helping in their own small way.

No comments: